[vox-tech] Fwd: Re: Performance tuning for http file serving

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Apr 12 16:59:19 PDT 2010

Ryan posted from a non-subscribed address, so this got discarded.

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from vox-tech-bounces at lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 11:07:36 -0700
From: vox-tech-bounces at lists.lugod.org
Subject: Auto-discard notification
To: vox-tech-owner at lists.lugod.org

Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 10:29:57 -0700
From: Ryan Castellucci <ryan at ryanc.org>
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Performance tuning for http file serving
To: vox-tech at lists.lugod.org,
 "tech-at-wildintellect.com |lugod|" <99s0jq51o00t at sneakemail.com>

TBH, Apache is probably not the best for this.  Take a look at this:

http://blog.lighttpd.net/articles/2005/11/11/optimizing-lighty-for-high-concurrent-large-file-downloads

On Wednesday March 31 2010 17:12:17 Alex Mandel
tech_dev-at-wildintellect.com |lugod| wrote:
> I'm looking for some references and tips on how to tune a server
> specifically for serving large files over the internet. ie 4 GB iso
> files. I'm talking software config tweaks here.
>
> The system is using a RAID with striping, the filesystem is XFS (some
> tuning there maybe?) and will be running Apache2.2 all on a Debian
> Stable install if that helps. It's got 2 2.5ghz cores and 8GB of ram
> (those can be adjusted since it's actually a kvm virtual machine).
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer