[vox-tech] OpenVZ

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Sun Sep 27 12:47:18 MSD 2009

Brian Lavender wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 04:46:24PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
>> Change of plans.  My hosting service seems to have deadbeat support,
>> and it turns out that (at least in Fairfield) Comcast has a smokin'
>> deal on "Business Class" Internet which is much faster than DSL.  So
>> I'm going that route... the installers finished up this morning.
>>
>> Lugod.org will probably have some downtime late tonight and again
>> tomorrow night while I try to get things switched.  And yes, OpenVZ
>> is still part of the plan.

Looks like we're in business!  Lugod.org is now in a VPS with a new IP
address.  The web site and mailman seem to work.  Bill will find that
sudo works now -- have fun Bill!

> Sounds like a topic for a future talk?

Could be, if there is interest.  Though I don't consider myself an
expert... sure would like to understand more about what goes on under
the covers.

Rod