[vox-tech] Windows Browser Recommendation

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Wed Sep 16 10:58:04 PDT 2009

First let me apologize for asking for Windows help on this list, but I have to
use Windows my business.

Firefox in Windows is taking 20-30 seconds to launch after I boot into
Windows.  It's faster to launch after I've launched the first time after
booting into Windows.

I've been Googling the issue and am quite surprised at how many people are
complaining about Firefox being slow.  The practical problem is that so many
solutions are being offered, that I don't have time to try them all.  I've
tried 3 or 4 and none have worked.  One person decided to install a new
browser (Safari).

I'm thinking of getting a new browser and want to know what people here
recommend.  Many years ago I used Opera in Linux, and it was so fast on a
dialup connection that my son said it looked like we had DSL.

Is Opera still a good choice?  What else should I be looking at?

(As I write this I'm wondering if I should have Kaspersky antirus ignore
Firefox.)

Thank you.

Bob