[vox-tech] libstdc++ and sgi and hp?

Chanoch (Ken) Bloom kbloom at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 09:19:04 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 09:56:40AM -0400, Hai Yi wrote:
> it seems to me Stepanov is good at convincing people so that he was
> able to push his ideas and make his marks no matter where he was,
> hehe.

Well, I've definitely looked at the HP STL, and the SGI STL, and SGI's
definitely has some differences and SGI's version matches the
standard, there's no question that at some point the cutting edge work
on the STL moved from HP to SGI. The only question was why. When I
read in one of Stepanov's interviews that he was part of the SGI
group, I understood why.

Having a project like this follow its creator from company to company
is actually not so unusual.

--Ken

http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/