[vox-tech] Un-relaying postfix

Gandalf Parker gandalf at community.net
Thu Oct 1 05:35:05 PDT 2009

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Do I simply remove the "relayhost" line from postfix's "main.cf" config file
> and restart it?

My main.cf just has
relayhost =
and works directly.

But for sending, do you need to do that? Ive always understood it that
you dont have to have a full daemon running to send. So in this case
you should be able to bypass it in some specific scripted cases.

Have you tried doing direct calls to sendmail sending email to yourself on
another system to see if it goes out without relay?

Im abit surprised PostFix is running on that system at all if its set up
to relay. I hope they are using its capabilties in some way. At the moment
Im fighting with PostFix because its being abit of a hog on my system. Im
trying desperately to teach it to be a tiny tiny server.

Gandalf  Parker