[vox-tech] Ubuntu not booting after Kernel update

ALLO (Alfredo Lopez De Leon) ALLO at novozymes.com
Tue Nov 24 16:20:21 PST 2009

Hi,

Some answers:

Why LILO?  Because the installation scripts failed to produce a bootable system when I selected Grub.  So I selected LILO and it work.
The update was from kernel 2.6.24-22 to 2.6.24-23.  The original installation I believe had 2.6.24-21.

One of our IT guys was able to boot the machine and manually start some of the services so the new kernel is OK and I believe that the problem is the MBR or something that follows LILO.

Regards,
Alfredo

.