[vox-tech] Ubuntu not booting after Kernel update

ALLO (Alfredo Lopez De Leon) ALLO at novozymes.com
Mon Nov 23 17:05:07 PST 2009

Hi I have an Ubuntu server 8.04 LTS with 2 TB (RAID 5) of storage space.
This morning I allowed the system to download and install a bunch of updates, along them a Sun Java and a kernel update.
After the update due to some concerns about a Java application I decided to re-boot the server and I got a Lilo error the infamous L 99 99 99 ...  Some Google postings suggested to run lilo just to make sure that the info about the new kernel was part of the booting sequence.

After booting with a rescue disk I ran /sbin/lilo and re-boot, the Lilo problem was gone but the system now hangs after the BIOS Data Checkup Successful

I will a appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
Alfredo Lopez