[vox-tech] Website Referral From Porn Site

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Nov 18 15:31:25 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 02:20:22PM -0800, Bob Scofield wrote:
> How can I be referred by a porn site?  I can see
> someone visiting a porn site, and then going to my URL.  But would that count
> as a referral?

Spammers like to increase their chances of looking legitimate by plastering
doing SEO (search engine optimization) tricks.

I've seen complete cut-n-pastes of some pages of Tux Paint's website
appear as (badly formatted) blog posts on some random sites, for example.
(And, sadly, that means Google shows me them when it shows me any blogs
or news sites that mention me... so I have to dig through a lot of
nonsensical and pointless cruft to find _actual_ _LEGITIMATE_ references
to my software.)

Sent from my computer