[vox-tech] feeding a bash variable to date?

Gandalf Parker gandalf at community.net
Sat Nov 7 12:04:20 PST 2009

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009, Bill Broadley wrote:

> BTW, epoch time is easy, just ask date for the current time and add 32*60*60
> to it.  Not like you have to calculate it from 1970.

Yes that one I found. Altho current time is rarely part of it. Its time on
the file, then that time plus 32 hours, then comes now-time when Im trying
to get the difference between go-time and now-time then convert those
epochs back into hours and seconds. I have trouble with math if it uses
more than one operation on a line. This gave me headache

Gandalf  Parker
--
There are 3 kinds of people in the world.
Those that are good at math and those that arent.