[vox-tech] overheating

Gandalf Parker gandalf at any1can.net
Wed Jun 17 16:16:45 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 03:39:44PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> I think what you're looking for is lm-sensors

I will look into that also. Thanks.

> Just to double check what temp is it telling you is "overheating",
> because that is adjustable.

How do I know? All I get is something like this..

Message from syslogd at any1can at Wed Jun 17 16:09:41 2009 ...
any1can kernel: CPU0: Temperature above threshold

Message from syslogd at any1can at Wed Jun 17 16:09:41 2009 ...
any1can kernel: CPU0: Running in modulated clock mode

I know of a couple of programs that cause it every time. One is a MUD that I was trying to run two copies of to seperate the "play" site from the "build/code" site. The other is my favorite win/mac/linux strategy game Dominions 3 when I generate a new multiplayer game and have it create a random map. There is a command to restrict the cpu use rather like the nice command. Once I find out the cuplrits I plan to rewrite the scripts accordingly.

Gandalf  Parker