[vox-tech] Noted without (much) comment

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 17 14:43:35 PDT 2009

Mr. Tim Riley has asked Bill Kendrick to remove his sponsorship
banner from LUGOD's Web site until I post a public apology for
the following two line comment:

> Ha-ha!
> http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten/Linux/FAQs/partition.html

I intended them merely to inform -- specifically, about concerns
that remain lastingly relevant to partitioning, and about Karsten M. Self's
recommendation guidelines.  (They also do, on the fly, contradict Tim's
assertion that partitioning decisions are "a thing of the past", but the
laughter was just because I really did find the exchange amusing.)

I regret Tim's deciding to take offence, and hope he will bury the
hatchet.