[vox-tech] protection error in Directshow app

Al Lenaburg callmcd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 09:03:32 PDT 2009

Hai Yi,

I have been using Malwarebytes free version for over a year that removes all
spyware it
finds. Here is another link from the Malwarebytes website. They have a green
download
button there that redirects you to a Cnet website. Once on that page the
download
button they have there says "Tested spyware free" Here are the links I use
1st
google search "download malwarebytes" -
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=download+malwarebytes&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10&fp=5TZlSg8c0wI
Then at Malwarebytes site on the left side of page "blue download button"
that says "free" on it -
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
When click on the free button it takes you to a Cnet website to download it.
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button
Once you download and install this, it is a free version and any spyware it
finds it will remove and
will not charge you for using it . Malwarebytes DOES have a paid version,
the difference between
the PAID version and free is - The paid version runs in the system tray
constantly monitoring your
system for spyware. Also the other link I sent from MajorGeeks is a free
version as well.
Hope this clears things up for you.
Al

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

------------------------------
Hai Yi wrote:

Hello, Al: Last time I checked the link, Malwarebytes's a shareware asking
for $24.95, :-) On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:41 AM, Al Lenaburg wrote: > If
think there "might" be a problem with spyware or the likes you could try >
downloading and installing Malwarebytes - It is a free app that finds allot
> the baddies stuff and since you run it manually once a month or so it will
> not interfere with Kaspersky. It does not run in the background when you
start > windows. You can find it here: >
http://majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html > or do a search
for it in google. It is a nice free program - Hope this > helps to clear up
anything in the way of spyware being part of your problem. > > Al > > On
Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Hai Yi wrote: >> sorry this appears to be a
Microsoft direct show question, however, >> kindly bear with me for a
moment, >> >> i found it might have more to do with codec in general, and i
post my >> question on a VC++ site and didn't get response. From my past >>
experience, I believe I will get better help here, hehe >> >> I am working
on a project, and it uses the basic functionality of >> directshow, the
project itself uses MFC/VC++. >> >> Anyway it works fine for a while, but
suddenly it refuses to play >> *.avi files, giving me a error message (when
I am in VC's debugging >> mode ): >> >> "Debugger detected - please close it
down and restart! Windows NT >> users: Please note that having the
WinIce/SoftIce service installed >> means that you are running a debugger!"
working properly, or it might be a virus. I have more concerns about >> the
latter. I have Kaspersky as my computer's guardian angel, however, >> it
failed to report any problems. >> >> It's OK to play other media files
registered in my system, like mpeg. >> >> Thanks a lot for any