[vox-tech] OT: Monitors w/ loose coils (Was re: powersupply + capacitor whine when CPU is idle)

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Thu Feb 19 10:44:43 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:38:27PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:20:57PM -0800, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:
> > One of the things we hear that many others don't is monitors with
> > loose coils. Damned annoying.
>
> My Commodore 1802 monitor is doing that (a little 13" CRT from the 1980s).
> It's not horrible, but I'd rather NOT listen to it if I didn't have to.
> Is this something that can be corrected inexpensively, if I take it
> to a local TV repair shop?  (And if so, anyone got recommendations?)

Televideo in Rhonert Park. ;-) I know the owner. Or, there is Drapinski
in Napa. Otherwise, aren't TV repair shops becoming a dying breed. Heck,
I can still remember the days of when Safeway used to have a Vacuum Tube
Tester. How about that?! Well, I was pretty young.

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/