[vox-tech] keyboard problems after aptitude upgrade

Dylan Beaudette debeaudette at ucdavis.edu
Wed Feb 11 09:29:33 PST 2009

On Monday 09 February 2009, Chris Evans wrote:
> Got a wrong key mapping in X.
>
> edit /etc/X11/XF86-config
> change XkbLayout to "us" or something
>
> > Hmmm. The problem is happening even before I login -- at the KDM login
> > screen.
> > I will try a different login manager tomorrow.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dylan

Yeah, that didn't seem to do it.

Some more details:

- A console login on this machine seems to work fine.
- Changing the keyboard has no effect.
- I can connect remotely to the kdm process, and login normally using Xnest
from a remote machine (XMDCP).
- I see this message in the Xorg.log file:
SetKbdSettings - type: -1217146730 rate: 30 delay: 500 snumlk: 232
- starting X from the command line (skipping kdm) results in the same odd
keyboard behavior

Ideas?

Dylan

--