[vox-tech] SURFboard SBG900 opinions

Bill Broadley bill at broadley.org
Thu Dec 3 22:24:18 PST 2009

Aaron Brayton wrote:
> Hello again everyone!
>
> I'm looking to outfit my parents with high sped internet.  They still
> use dial-up.
>
> I've found an offer through comcast for $29.99 for six months, $100
> rebate and a free Motorola SURFboard SBG900.

I've been tempted by deals like that, but when I call I ask what the price I
after pay for month 7 and they waffle and say it's impossible to tell.  How
long are you contracted to stay with comcast?

> (If someone knows of a better offer, please let me know.)
>
> Does anyone have feedback for the SBG900?  Can you connect a USB printer
> to the USB port on the modem to 'network' the printer?

I'd google for that, I found a wealth of info on what you could use USB ports
for.  I was researching 802.11n linux access points and the support from
various community distributions.