[vox-tech] Utility to image a hard drive

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Apr 9 14:15:39 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 01:47:12PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> You will find if you do an incremental backup of data like I do it can
> start to take up a lot of space. That's why I like Simple Backup, helps
> build up filters to skip things like giant media files that don't need
> to be backed up, or temp files that are just sitting around all over the
> place.

Useful places I've removed (via "Keep"'s UI around Rsync) include:

  ~/.adobe/Flash_Player/AssetCache/
  ~/.beagle/
  ~/.mozilla/firefox2/XXXXXXX.default/OfflineCache/
  ~/.mozilla/firefox2/XXXXXXX.default/Cache/
  ~/.kde/cache-HOSTNAME/
  ~/Music  (local copy of external drive content... plus we have all the CDs)

I haven't poked around much more.  Anywhere else that'd be good to exclude?

Thx,

Sent from my computer