[vox-tech] Utility to image a hard drive

Thomas Johnston trjohnston at ucdavis.edu
Thu Apr 9 10:12:00 PDT 2009

I just want to say that I really appreciate the detailed and timely
of time to make such responses.

Getting going in Linux (for me at least) involves a rather steep
learning curve.  It is especially painful because I was fairly
proficient in windows and now I am reduced to doing a Google search
for literally everything I want to do.

I think I am going to try to first image the drive using Clonezilla.
It seems like a fairly straight forward process.   But I really like
the sound of the rsync; it looks like an excellent way to keep current
copies of my data.  I suppose doing both may be a bit of overkill, but
my laptop has a 250 GB hard drive which is only about 40% full and I
have  a 1TB external - it's not like I am hurting for space.

Thomas