[vox-tech] Utility to image a hard drive

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Apr 8 22:55:20 PDT 2009

The classic tool is dd which makes a byte for byte exact copy, but this
includes the free space.
I can't remember what it's called right now but I'm sure it's on
http://www.clonezilla.org/

Which you'll have to do from a live disc anyways so get yourself a copy
and boot it up with the external drive attached and you should be good
to go.

Alex