[vox-tech] [OT] Math question: help me make a rainbow

Harold Lee harold3 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 10:37:37 PDT 2009

Not sure if the formulas you've set out do this, but couldn't the rainbow
tool treat the difference between y coordinates as depth, the way that the
grass tool does? When y1 == y2, you get a semi-circle with the height == 1/2
* abs(x2 - x1), i.e. the radius. Otherwise you get a rainbow with a wider
base at the point closer to the bottom of the screen that arcs back to the
other point.