[vox-tech] play DVD with mplayer

Hai Yi yihai2004 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 19:23:10 PDT 2008

Hi, Matt:

I didn't change any hardware when I upgraded ubuntu; I tried '-vo
sdl', it didn't work either; in the .mplayer/gui.conf, this might be
relevant line:
vo_driver = "xv"
(the config file is empty, I believe it's for the user's customization)

I also tried this:
mplayer -vo help

hai at zodiac:~/.mplayer$ mplayer -vo help
MPlayer dev-SVN-r27605-4.2.3 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz (Family: 6,
Model: 15, Stepping: 6)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
Available video output drivers:
	fbdev	Framebuffer Device
	fbdev2	Framebuffer Device
	v4l2	V4L2 MPEG Video Decoder Output
	cvidix	console VIDIX
	null	Null video output
	mpegpes	MPEG-PES to DVB card
	yuv4mpeg	yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
	tga	Targa output
	pnm	PPM/PGM/PGMYUV file
	md5sum	md5sum of each frame

hopefully I've provided enough info and thank you for the answer!
Hai