[vox-tech] Running 64 bit Ubuntu

Troy Arnold troy-vox at zenux.net
Thu Sep 4 14:20:26 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 12:34:48PM -0700, Brian Lavender wrote:
> What are people's expierence running 64-bit Ubuntu?

Crazy good.  On Hardy I've barely had to think about it.

The toughest thing for me was installing the Opera browser.  Opera only
provides 32bit debs, so I had to manually download a couple of i386 packages
and copy the libraries into /lib32.  Like a bad sysadmin, I did not keep good
notes, although I'm sure someone on the Ubuntu forums has...

-t