[vox-tech] Reiserfs v. Ext3

Jeffrey J. Nonken jjn.lugod at nonken.net
Tue May 6 08:44:41 PDT 2008

Wow, not even a chuckle...

Seriously, I believe the issue is still under debate.

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/05/01/reiser_conviction_re_invention/

I think the answer is: Depends on the community. There are a number of perfectly good alternatives available, and even FreeBSD has started supporting ZFS (experimentally) and XFS (read-only). So unless there's a core of fans or minions, it could just die of ennui.

Or maybe Hans will get a computer in the slammer and will work on it there. It could get better than ever. :)