[vox-tech] web server log entry

Cylar Z cylarz at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 20:33:09 PDT 2008

Hey all:

I was using Logwatch to review my HTTP server logs and
I noticed the following entry:

--------------------- httpd Begin

 404 Not Found
.
.
.
/saddam.html++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ...
+to+internet%29: 1 Time(s)

---------------http End

The last line is pasted in exactly as shown in the
log. Saddam.html is a static hypertext document, and
it is frequently browsed by robots along other such
pages on the server.

Obviously someone (or a robot) tried to request a
document that wasn't present, resulting in a 404.
Question is, what exactly was the requestor trying to
do? I have never seen anything like this in my logs
before, and am not even sure how to phrase an
appropriate Google search for answers.

Thanks, Matt

Feed the hungry - FOR FREE. Click daily at www.thehungersite.com to give free food to the needy, plus support 5 other worthy causes.