[vox-tech] c code question

Carl Boettiger cboettig at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 11:55:45 PDT 2008

Hi,

This isn't a linux question directly but I'm going to abuse the
generosity and knowledge on this list and ask anyway:

I'm running a c code where I'd like to print out data to a file in a
matrix form.  I run a loop that fills in each entry of a column, which
I print to a file fprintf(file, "%.5e\n", variable). When the loop
starts again, I'd like to print the next set in an adjacent column,
rather than under the existing data.  (currently I import the file
into matlab and use reshape to convert the long vector into a matrix,
but this doesn't work if the vectors are of different lengths).  Hope
that made sense.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

-Carl