[vox-tech] Classic Atari Trakball as input device under X-Window?

Steve Weiss stevew at bbenginc.com
Mon Jul 28 17:33:48 PDT 2008

For a good $99 trackball often used for CAD work, take a look at
http://us.kensington.com/html/2200.html. I've been using one on my
desktop for 5-10 years instead of a mouse and love it. It's smooth and
large enough for excellent control, plus it's fast, optical, and has low
friction - good for zipping across a page with a flick of the fingers.
And you don't have to move your hand all around - easy and efficient.

One accessory that's a must for me is a wrist cushion. This corrects the
ergonomics of the tilted trackball base, letting my hand and wrist be
straight and fingers curl naturally. One I found with the right height
is: http://imakproducts.com/product.php?c=Wrist+/+Carpal+Tunnel&s=16
It's the same width as the trackball base, about 5"

Hope this helps,
Steve