[vox-tech] Downloading PDF

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jan 16 17:45:29 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 05:37:41PM -0800, harke wrote:
> > So don't use the web browser to get the files. There's always command-line
> > tools like wget or curl to save a URL straight to the encrypted drive.
>
> A useful suggestion. But I like being able to do this from
> the browser. I don't know the directory structure on the web site
> and would probably need to use the browser to get that info as well
> as the actual file names.

Well, depending on how the site is constructed, it may be as simple as:
"Right-Click -> Save As..." to save the PDF directly (or does that land
a copy in your tmp folder too?), then open it up in an external PDF viewer.

Or for the wget/curl suggestion, do: "Right Click->Copy Link Location"
to get the URL of the PDF in question, then type "wget " and hit [Paste]
and [Enter]. :)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/