[vox-tech] collaborative data storage (of excel files)

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Tue Jan 15 17:06:26 PST 2008

On 2008-01-15, wrote Dylan Beaudette:
[...]
> YES - this is how I would approach this problem if I were in a position to
> babysit their data. I have put together several LAPP
> (linux-apache-postgres-php) projects- but only for things I was directly
> working on. I was searching for some kind of compromise between doing it
> correctly (i.e. a database) and doing it less incorrectly via SVN or the
> like.

Well the good thing about using SVN is that at least no data will be
lost once it is committed. So even if person A overwrites person B's
work, the data can be recovered (albeit with manual intervention). And
if this happens it just might demonstrate the need for a proper
RDBMS-base solution to those in charge.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13