[vox-tech] hosting videos

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Dec 22 14:23:47 PST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:46:57PM -0800, Scott Miller wrote:
> It defaults to http://mydomain.com/gallery2 , then you can just start posting
> videos and photos through the web interface. :)

What kind of UI is used for the videos?  I discovered something called
'Flowplayer', which is an open source Flash app that plays FLV videos.

Then, for AVIs out of my cellphone or Canon digital camera, I do:

  ffmpeg -i input.avi -acoded mp3 -ar 22050 output.flv

then just throw an "<object>...</object>" in my HTML that points the
browser to the FlowPlayer.swf, and sends it the .flv file as a paremeter.

Looks like they've enhanced the UI a lot since I first downloaded and installed
it...

  http://flowplayer.org/