[vox-tech] vnc and mac

Wade Pinkston blata at bugs.osu.edu
Fri Sep 14 13:36:14 PDT 2007

I am having truble getting a vnc connection to my dads mac in TX.  While
I have used vnc inside my home network with out problems that has all
been from linux to win.

I walked them thought turning on Apple Remote Desktop and I loged into
there router and set the port forwarding for port 5900.  I also had them
use the realvnc conection test page www.realvnc.com/cgi-bin/nettest.cgi
This test was successfull.  So I guess the problem I am having is
getting my linux (centos 4) to connect.  I am tried using krdc,
tightvnc, and vnc (realvnc) the only one I get anything out of is krdc
and it says that the connection was interrupted.

Does anybody have any suggestions or know a good howto for linux to mac
10.4?