[vox-tech] migrate ubuntu fonts to Windows

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Sun Oct 7 11:35:09 PDT 2007

På 2007-10-06, skrev Hai Yi:
> first of all, I can't get rid of Windows totally, for instance, I use
> VC++ to develop GUI applications for windows. However, I like the font
> when I open the browser under ubuntu, I want to see the same font in
> my Windows env. Can anyone tell me what is the name of that font(or
> fonts) and how to import it to Windows?

You should check the preferences of your browser (Firefox?) to see what
it is using. But I will take a guess: the most common default sans-serif
font under Ubuntu is DejaVu Sans*, which for English is pretty much
identical to Bitstream Vera**. Both can be downloaded from the web in a
format suitable for installation under Windows.

*  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DejaVu
** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitstream_Vera

--
Henry House