[vox-tech] Re: Digital Arts & Crafts Studio (USB tablet/etc. for kids); help getting it to work under Linux

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Nov 8 00:10:41 PST 2007

So the libhid folks suggested, based on how simple the device's Usage tree was,
that using libusb directly would be simpler.  Unfortunately, no luck so far.

I can connect to it (though with libusb, I haven't convinced the kernel to
detatch from the device, like libhid was doing for me -- currently, I need
to first run 'libhid-detatch-device' or somesuch, until I reboot or
unplug/plugin the tablet).  I haven't figured out how to read data from it,
in either interrupt, bulk or control modes. :^(

I'll be on #tux4kids IRC channel on irc.freenode.net tomorrow morning
(11/8) from ~7:15am until ~10am (my Amtrak ride :^) ), with the device,
and probably some time to try and debug, if anyone wants to help! :)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/