[vox-tech] Monitor Recommendation?

Shwaine shwaine at shwaine.com
Wed May 30 15:06:08 PDT 2007

On Wed, 30 May 2007, Bob Scofield wrote:

> It seems like Sony had a great reputation for CRT monitors when I bought this
> one around 2001.  But we're seeing monitor reviews without Sony even being
> mentioned.  So I don't know what's going on.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good flat screen monitor?  She wants a 17 inch monitor.

My Sony CRT finally started to give up the ghost this winter, so I
replaced it with a Viewsonic VX2035wm. The only issue I've had with the
Viewsonic is finding a font large enough to read comfortably on it. Well,
that and when the cats go running by the desk, I fear they'll knock it
over since it's so much lighter than a CRT.

I'd also look at other retailers than Dell for the monitor. You'll likely
find better deals. For example, NewEgg.com often has free shipping deals
and their list prices are generally lower than Dell's.