[vox-tech] beryl update

Bill Broadley bill at cse.ucdavis.edu
Fri May 4 10:46:05 PDT 2007

Jimbo wrote:
> Bill Broadley wrote:
>>
>>> [jimbo at localhost ~]$ cd
>>> [jimbo at localhost ~]$ mkdir backup
>>> [jimbo at localhost ~]$ mv .ber* backup
>>> [jimbo at localhost ~]$ sudo chown -R <jimbo> ~<jimbo>
>>
>> Sorry, try:
>> sudo chown -R jimbo ~jimbo
>>
> I cheated.  I copied 3 files in .beryl root folder and pasted in mine
> via desktop and mouse clicks.   Water water everywhere and not a drop to
> drink.

Sure, that works as well... when debugging I'd always backup the originals
first.

> Now I have to figure out why I have 20 desktops.  I will compare with
> other user that only has 4.

My compiz fix for that is:
gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/compiz/general/screen0/options/hsize 4
gconftool-2 --type int --set  \
/apps/compiz/general/screen0/options/number_of_desktops 1

I suspect there is a very similar fix (I.e. replace compiz with beryl) fix
for beryl.