[vox-tech] beryl

Jimbo evesautomotive at charter.net
Thu May 3 18:29:25 PDT 2007

Bill Broadley wrote:
> Jimbo wrote:
>> I have found out that certain beryl functions only work in root.
>
> I've noticed no difference.  Like what specifically?
>
>>  Is this a permission thing?  If so how do I set permission so I can
>> the full effect?
>
> Er, which full effect?  How did you install it?  Onto what distribution?
> I've installed beryl on edgy, and used the related compiz installed
> on a default feisty.

I am using a distro called pclinuxos and beryl comes installed.

When in root I can make my desktop appear to be rained on (by using
<shift>+<F9>).  Quite the cool effect.  No water ripple effect when
moving windows either.

I also noticed that windows are wafered separately from the cube when
viewing "boxed" desktops.  User mode just has them superimposed.

Jimbo