[vox-tech] re: bootloader

Jimbo evesautomotive at charter.net
Wed May 2 20:04:46 PDT 2007

Cylar Z wrote:
> That reminds me...I'm running a dualboot system with
> Kubuntu. I'm almost positive it's the Edgy Eft
> version.
>
> Anyway. My system doesn't seem to have a
> /etc/grub/grub.conf file. Am I missing something
> obvious?
>
> I want to configure the system so that XP rather than
> Kubuntu is loaded by default. How can I modify grub in
> this way?
>
> I dug around at kubuntu.com but the documentation
> didn't seem to tell me what I wanted to know.
> Thanks...
>
> Matt

Mine was menu.lst in the grub folder.  I also had a mapping file which
menu.lst used.

I googled a while and was able to get my system to boot xp first.  I
have 2 hard drives.  The linux hard drive (ide) boots first by way of
bios with grub in which it then redirected booting of the xp hard drive
(sata).

I posted a fix with data.  If you need my file parameters let me know.