[vox-tech] NAT in vmware broken

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:55:04 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Fired up vmware for the first time in a while, and noticed that NAT-based
networking does not work anymore. I have a nearly identical machine nearby
where this is not the case. Both are running Debian/unstable- however the
working machine is using a k7-based kernel.

I noticed that when I run ifconfig -a there is no listing for the vmnet8
device, which is normally used for NAT in vmware.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I have tried updating vmware to the latest version, and re-compiled the kernel
modules... still no luck.

cheers,

--
Dylan Beaudette