[vox-tech] You are here -><-

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 19 01:55:31 PDT 2007

Quoting Troy Arnold (troy-vox at zenux.net):

> Fair enough.  But lists aren't terribly useful unless the lint is sorted
> out.

As I was completing the recent extensive update (and was running out of
time for same), I was actually looking through that particular list of
links, and was thinking "Jeez, a bunch of these don't look particularly
special.  Kendall Clark must have seen _something_ in them when he first
put together this HOWTO, but I have no idea what."  I felt, actually, a
little guilty snubbing the Caucausus LUG (Russia), no matter how
politely, for that very reason.

So, in short, I certainly do agree with you.  I just deferred the matter
to another day -- mostly because there's a dauntingly large number of
LUGs' Internet presences to look over, and I'm not even sure where to
start.

I didn't snip out that entire section because, in part, of a strong
suspicion it'd get me some distressed mail -- and I'd feel particularly
bad if it turned out some of those LUGs _are_ using the Internet in some
important or interesting way, and I just didn't know what.

It would have been nice if Kendall had said what was distinctively good
about each site, but he didn't.

So, for now, all I did was hunt down current links (and updated names,
in some cases) for each of the existing entries.

Anyhow, your point _is_ well taken -- and noted.  Thanks.