[vox-tech] Graphics Card

Chris Jenks jenks at resonance.org
Wed Mar 14 15:27:07 PDT 2007

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Matin Hashemi wrote:

> lspci didn't work, maybe because I don't have root access.
>>  lspci
>>  bash: lspci: command not found
>>
>>  What I need is simply to "know" what graphic card is installed, I
>>  don't want to change anything or configure the machine? I need the
>>  exact version of the graphic card, e.g., NVidia G6800. or even if
>>  there is one installed or not.

   Dear Martin,

   If you don't have root access, you could use one of the linux live CDs
(e.g., knoppix), and that would give you root access to run lspci -vvv,
which will list the information you want. I'm not sure why you would need
root access, though. My ubuntu runs the command fine as a regular user,
and the binary is in /usr/bin.

   Yours,

     Chris