[vox-tech] How to get started with Linux

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Mar 11 00:42:29 PST 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 07:32:30PM -0800, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:
> It's a disc image. You need an .iso file burner. Nick mentioned some
> programs, I want to add http://www.deepburner.com/ as another
> possibility. (I've been using the free version. It's a nice little
> lightweight utility.)

So let me get this straight... one downloads a ".iso" file on Windows,
and by default it DOESN'T know that the appropriate thing to do with this
is to burn it as a disc image onto a CD?  Sheesh! :^)

-bill!
(who downloaded a random .deb file the other day, and just right-clicked
it in KDE and selected "install" ;^) )