[vox-tech] Raid Question

jim stockford jim at well.com
Fri Jun 29 11:22:06 PDT 2007

    it seems to me that faulty power supplies have
occasionally been responsible for corrupt drives,
not so much the hardware as the files and filesystems.
    backing up is certainly important, as writing
corrupt data to a RAID system writes corrupt data
throughout.
    I use RAID 1 with the Linux-supplied software
management, works great. I go with RAID 1 all
the time (and sometimes remember to back up).