[vox-tech] Raid Question

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Jun 28 21:11:33 PDT 2007

So, I'm looking at some new hard drives to increase my storage capacity
and I'm having trouble deciding if I should raid 1 or not.
Basically my options for the price are 2x250GB Sata hardware raid or a
single 400 or 500 GB. It's seems fairly straightforward to setup
hardware raids, and I've done it before with linux are there any gotchas
anyone can think of or any disadvantages to what I'm thinking. With 2
drives I'll still have 1 Sata port open on my Mobo for something else
later. For that matter should I worry that much, and just get a single
big drive. At this point the basic issue is that my digital photography
and digital music are competing for what space I have left and I don't
have a backup of either.

Your thoughts would be appreciated,
Alex