[vox-tech] microphone

Jimbo evesautomotive at charter.net
Wed Jun 20 16:31:30 PDT 2007

Greetings:
Went to frys and bought a microphone however it doesn't work on a pc.  A
pc mic works just fine.  I guess that it wasn't designed to work on a pc
(it is a shure 8900 brand mic).

I see why it doesn't...the regular pc mic has 2 separators in the jack
and the pro mic has just one and it is spaced differently( but the same
size jack).

Can I somehow get an adapter from radio shack for example?  Don't really
know if I can get around the 2 jack separator not knowing how mics are
imputted.  I haven't went yet to see if this is an option; I have to go
to a party tonite.

Hate to return this nice mic.  Anybody had the same experience?

One last quick thing:
I bought a new sound card for my pc thinking that the rca jack receivers
on the back of it would go directly to my stereo however I have read
that these jacks are for s/pdif in and out.  Hard time understanding
what this is for when googled.

Jimbo