[vox-tech] Spanish accents

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Sun Jun 10 11:38:23 PDT 2007

P=E5 2007-06-10, skrev Peter Jay Salzman:
> Hi all,
> =

> Does anyone know how to produce Spanish accents in Vim and FireFox?
> =

> Thanks,
> Pete

For vim: yes. See help on :digraphs.

In short: for <char> type <sequence>:
   =F1 (n with tilde):  control-k n ?
   =ED (i with acute):  control-k i '
   =FC (u with umlaut): control-k u :

For Firefox: I believe you need to have a keymap that includes a compose
key. I've never gotten this to work; I've just copied characters from
vim (either in a uxterm or vim -g) on the rare occasions I've needed to
paste an accented character into Firefox. This will not be satisfactory
for typing nontrivial amounts of Spanish, though. :(

On a related note, does anyone know how to disable the keybinging
control-w =3D close tab in Firefox?

-- =

Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13