[vox-tech] Fstab Entry for Camera?

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Wed Jan 31 08:47:35 PST 2007

P=E5 2007-01-31, skrev Bob Scofield:
> For some reason the /etc/fstab entry for my digital camera seems to no lo=
nger =

> be working.  That is, my camera does not mount.  I assume that apt has gi=
ven =

> me a kernel upgrade that requires a different entry.
> =

> Here is my kernel:  2.6.18-3-486 =

> =

> Here is my /etc/fstab entry:  =

> =

> /dev/sda1   /media/usb0     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
> =

> Can anybody tell me what the correct fstab entry should be?  And where do=
 I go =

> to find this information out when there are new kernel upgrades?

Perhaps your camera is now (for ex.) /dev/sda2 instead of /dev/sda1?
(The number that it gets is generally a function of the sequential

I would try this:

- start "tail -f /var/log/kern.log" in a terminal
- unplug and plug in the camera
- look for log lines describing the camera; information is printed to
  the log whenever a new USB device is plugged in

Embedded in that should be the device name you need.

-- =

Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13