[vox-tech] Autoclean is Strange

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Sat Jan 27 08:04:24 PST 2007

I'm not asking a question I'm just making an observation.

Aptitude's Autoclean is strange.  I've noticed that Autoclean will sometimes
not delete old packages until days after they've been replaced.  So I may run
Autoclean daily, but it sometimes does not remove old packages until 3 or 4
or more days later.  Today it removed a bunch of stuff including Firefox 1.5
which had been replaced a week ago.  But I've been running autoclean every
day since I replaced Firefox with Iceweasel.

I'm not complaining.  Computers are strange.  I'm not a techie.

Bob