[vox-tech] Re: New notebook computer for Linux - AMD or (Bill Broadley)

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jan 24 13:11:22 PST 2007

I'd love to use Linux for this application (classroom environment,
> laptops, running multiple virtual machines), but haven't had much luck
> with Linux drivers for wireless network cards.   I have a requirement
> that the machines plug-n-play either wired Ethernet, or wireless if
> not plugged in.  I've experimented with the windows NDIS drivers, but
> need something that can be used by end users without too many
> surprises.
>
> Thanks again,

Once you get the card working with NDIS wrapper or other drivers there
are several programs out there to make switching between wired and
wireless easy, Network Manager has worked for me in the past with some
cards.
I know KDE has its own tools too,  I'd say try it out and see.

Alex