[vox-tech] Multiple displays and graphics cards

John Wojnaroski castle at mminternet.com
Tue Jan 23 23:15:34 PST 2007

Hi,

I have X windows running several LCD monitors with two Nvidia PCI cards
and a dual headed AGP card (Nvidia).

Bringing up displays and running applications on the individual monitors
is no problem when logged in  locally on the machine.  Question is how
to do it remotely? i.e would like program A to run on  display #1 and
program B to run on monitor #3, program B on #2, and so forth.

so after logging in via ssh, starting the program(s) is a no-brainer,
but I'm puzzling over how to direct the output to a specific display.
Most of what I've found browsing was how to use the export command to
send display output to a remote client.

Any hints, suggestions, links would be appreciated.

Regards
John W.