[vox-tech] Mail re-routing

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jan 12 10:59:13 PST 2007

Ok, I've been missing out from the lists for a couple of weeks do to my
own causing of course.

I changed some settings on my domain registrar and things got a little
funny so I'm looking for a better solution this time. Basically I
switched my URL redirect to a cname record (Chris's proper suggestion),
which worked as intended for my website URL remaining correct. However
my registration also includes email accounts that they handle for me and
these apparently have been bouncing off a blank wall the last couple of
weeks since all traffic to my domain was being moved to the alias. How
can I redirect the email stuff back towards the right server from my
webserver. Do I need to open port 25 on my system, this might be a
problem since the server is on a dynamic IP behind At&t/SBC. What
program can handle the redirect?

I temporarily reverted back to my old way of doing things so I'll
actually get responses to this now.

Thanks,
Alex

PS: See everyone at the IF