[vox-tech] [OT] Numerical algorithms in C

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Fri Feb 2 00:01:26 PST 2007

Is there something equivalent to LAPACK or NAG in C?  Something free (as in
beer is OK by me).

I need some high powered stuff like SVD factorization, linear solvers that
specialize in rank deficient problems, n-th order polynomial least curve
fitting, rank tolerant matrix equation solvers, etc.

I know something like NAG (don't want to pay for it) and LAPACK (don't want
the headache of interfacing with fortran if I don't have to) has them.  I've
seen something called LAPACK++, which would be my next choice if something
in C isn't available.

Can anyone grant me temporary access to a machine with NAG?  That would work
too.

Thanks!
Pete

--
How VBA rounds a number depends on the number's internal representation.
You cannot always predict how it will round when the rounding digit is 5.

Peter Jay Salzman, email: p at dirac.org web: http://www.dirac.org/p