[vox-tech] mplayer configuration

Troy Arnold troy-vox at zenux.net
Sun Dec 30 19:56:41 PST 2007

On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 10:31:32PM -0500, Hai Yi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have ubuntu 7.04 install on my  system (CPU core duo 6300)
>
> Now I want to play DVD with mplayer, which is preinstalled. However, the
> image was totally unviewable - only mosaic-like blocks. Anyway, it might be
> the codec. I just feel like re-installing the mplayer. So I removed the
> existing one and started downloading and installing a latest one.
>
> Problem is, the very first step, configuration failed when I run ./configure

> /tmp/mplayer-conf--16148.c:1:20: error: signal.h: No such file or directory

The error probably means you don't have the kernel-headers package for your
installed kernel.

But I don't know that building from source is going to be of benefit if all
you're looking to do is play media.  Instead, the first thing to do is
verify that these two packages are installed:
w32codecs, libdvdcss

-t